Provides the link between working in such environments & supporting the inclusion of vulnerable groups. It will support the social inclusion process in the universities.
BASICS OF INTERCULTURAL COMMUNICATION
1. What do we mean by Intercultural Communication?
2. The diversity advantages and principles for intercultural integration
3. Forms and models of intercultural communication
4. How does it relate to the university context?
BASICS OF CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
1. What do we mean by cross-cultural communication?
2. Forms and models of cross-cultural communication
3. How does it relate to the university context?
4. Similarities and differences between intercultural and cross-cultural interaction
COMPETENCES FOR INTERCULTURAL & CROSS-CULTURAL COMMUNICATION
- Verbal and nonverbal communication and culture
- Importance and functions of nonverbal communication
- Body language and paralanguage
- Communication styles – use of touch, use of space, eye contact, etc.
- Models of cultural learning, intercultural and cross-cultural adaptation
- Knowledge and skills for intercultural and cross-cultural communication
SOCIAL INCLUSION IN THE UNIVERSITY
- What are social inclusion and social exclusion?
- Reasons for social exclusion
- Ways to promote social inclusion in the university
- Different age groups and approaches
- Good practice of social inclusion within the university
BUILDING AN INTERCULTURAL AND CROSS-CULTURAL UNIVERSITY
- Develop an ICC vision for the university
- Prepare an ICC strategy
- Build the ICC strategy of the university – elements of an intercultural strategy
- Implementation and measuring progress